Earshot Boombox

Earshot Boombox
Welcome to Earshot

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Jephte Guillaume - Ibo Lele (Ginen Tet Red Mix)

I'm not lying at all when I say this song is hard to find. I first heard it on Dimitri From Paris's "After The Playboy Mansion" mixtape and I have been looking for it ever since.

Jephte Guillaume is from Haiti. The song was released on Spiritual Life Music in 1999. There just seems to be so few of them out there.

Normally I am not into songs with tribal chants in them. However, this one grabs me. Guillaume's voice is deep and seems to control the song like when you hear a baptist preacher singing along in a gospel song.

Infectious isn't a strong enough word for how this song seems to make you want to move. You all let me know if you see this one somewhere.



1 comment:

  1. hey, all his stuff now on Bandcamp
    https://music.spirituallifemusic.net/album/ibo-lele

    ReplyDelete