Earshot Boombox

Earshot Boombox
Welcome to Earshot

Friday, February 22, 2013

The Adventures Of Johnny Swank

I have a friend named John Mitchell. He loves a smoke, a good drink, good times with his friends, and most of all women. All in all, he's a really good guy. His close friends call him Johnny Swank. Which is funny to me because whenever I hear swanky Jazz music, I think of him. But if you know Johnny Swank, Jazz isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you think of HIM. So while I was making this swanky Jazz mix. I was thinking, what if this became the sound of this world? What if suddenly Johnny Swank was living a life where this was the soundtrack to his life? What kind of life would that be for him?

Now I don't think Johnny Swank has anything against Jazz. I'm sure he'll probably listen to this mix and enjoy it. But Jazz isn't his first choice when it comes to music selection.

As for me, I love Jazz. This mix came about because I ran across Mario Biondi and The High Five Quintet's "This Is What You Are" earlier in the week. I couldn't stop listening to it and I couldn't stop thinking of all these other great new Jazz songs that I have heard over the years.

Most of the songs in this mix were released in the 21st century. The one exception is Kimiko Kasai and Herbie Hancock's "I Thought It Was You", which was released in 1979.

Hope you enjoy.

The Adventures Of Johnny Swank
Big Bang - Speak Low
Kyoto Jazz Massive - The Brightness Of These Days
Club des Belugas - Frankie
Miguel Atwood-Ferguson - Jealousy
Sachal Vasandani - Please Mr. Ogilvy
Povo - Uam Uam
Kimiko Kasai and Herbie Hancock - I Thought I Was You
Llorca - Indigo Blues
Mario Biondi and The High Five Quintet - This Is What You Are
Metropolitan Jazz Affair - Navarone
Jonathan Jeremiah - See


No comments:

Post a Comment