Earshot Boombox

Earshot Boombox
Welcome to Earshot

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Quadron - Hey Love

I fell in love with Coco and Robin Hannibal last year. This dynamic couple from Hovedstaden, Denmark gave me one of my favorite albums from 2012. 

Well, at least that's when I ran across it. Their debut self titled album was released in 2010, but hey, better late than never when the music is as good as theirs.

At moments they sound like they stepped straight out of the golden age of Motown, and then there are times where you think Sade could be writing songs for them. Then there are very special moments when you know you are listening to something new an unique.

PEOPLE! These are good things! Coco's beautiful voice and song writing talents show roots planted in some of the best musical soil to be found. And there is the potential to hear so much more.

So when I ran across their new son, "Hey Love" needless to say I got excited. As the beat rolled in, I was intrigued. Coco's voice didn't disappoint. I was happy. I felt like the day was going to be a good day.

I will say it did sound more radio pop than I am used to from them. However, I am a firm believer in the fact that if radio pop was more diverse and played more music like this I would listen to more of it. So if this get Quadron on the radio in the States then so be it, as long as they continue to be creative.

"Hey Love" will be available on iTunes March 5th. Until then I guess we just have to keep hitting play below.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment